Tuesday 9 March 2010

Bonjour Paris

Truly bonjour! Peter Pan's disguise failed to deflate his arrival in the French capital today as on the way out of the terminal he was suddenly halted by a group of customs officials who were on a regular tour of questions and inspections.

That was a surprise indeed which nevertheless proved irritating. This little incident thankfully was not enough to dampen my spirits upon entering what I have always considered 'home' in Europe regardless of my London relations. Clear skies and sunny. Very cold though. Snow in the south of France -- what!

My 'home', the Hotel Sevres Saint Germain on beautiful 6th arrondisement, was all decked to welcome. Old friends were there -- Valerie at the front desk, Maria in the kitchen, and the rest including Ahmed, Larissa, and Cecille (the manager). The usual chambre on the 2nd level has been reserved and I was all set to take that afternoon nap, much deserved after waking up at 5 in the morning to catch the 9am flight.

Now I can relax and then plan the next days ahead. A tout a l'heure.

No comments:

Post a Comment